Top of the morning!
Here is Your AM Rundown, with news updates in 400 words or less. Get caught up on headlines and other developments you might’ve missed.
Here’s what to know for today:
- MARTA customers will now have easier access to neighborhoods across the metro area, thanks to the expansion of their Reach program. Starting on May 16, MARTA will add to the on-demand shuttle service in the neighborhoods of Dixie Hills and Avondale Estates. On May 30, the service will extend to cities of Alpharetta, Roswell, Forest Park, and Morrow.
- Live in Fulton County and want to have a say in how emergencies are handled? The Atlanta-Fulton County Emergency Management Agency wants to hear from you. Residents have until May 17 to give input into the county’s hazard mitigation plan. The survey is available online.
- Last week marked the beginning of the early voting period in Georgia and metro Atlanta residents showed up in mass numbers. So far:
- The push for the redevelopment of North DeKalb Mall has taken on a renewed interest. The DeKalb County Board of Commissioners is set to meet on May 26 where they will vote on whether or not rezoning the property will help plans to turn the site into a mixed-use development.
- Need help finding a Black medical practitioner in the Atlanta area? Capital B ATL’s health reporter Kenya Hunter got you covered. Check out her latest explainer showcasing tips on finding Black doctors near you.
ICYMI: Check out the latest installment in our #ATLBudget series in partnership with Atlanta Civic Circle, Axios Atlanta, Canopy Atlanta and the Center for Civic Innovation. You can also read the first edition of this series written by our very own Chauncey Alcorn here.
Got tips, pitches, or other updates to include in Your AM Rundown? Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org.